If you want to understand any programming language, it is very important that you have knowledge about its three basic pillars. So today in this post, we will get information about these three basic pillars of programming language.
The three basic plus of the programming language are as follows –
Just as we need some utensils to hold objects, the programming language needs variables to hold the data. Whatever work we do in the language, we do it on some data only, so it becomes very important to work on this data that we can keep this data in a safe place.
The variable meets these requirements and provides the programming language where it can store data for its function.
In simple language the variable can be defined as:
“A variable is a memory location that is used to store data. Variables are represented by a character or a character set. Such as a, b, c, d, A, H, K …. etc. Characters or temp, Flag, count, …. Etc character set.”
Any programming language has some rules for expressing variables. The regulations are as follows –
- c, d … can be but not 1,2,3, #, &, +, (, …. etc.).
- The first letter of a variable is always an alphabet. For example a1 is the correct variable representation while 1a is the wrong variable representation.
- Space is not allowed in expressing variables. For example, “roll no” is a wrong way to display this variable because there is a space between roll and no, so if “roll no” is to be displayed as a variable, then we display it as Will “rollNo”.
- We cannot use a special character to display a variable except for ‘_’ (underscore). For example, instead of a space, we can use the underscore to display any variable. eg. Roll_No
- No Keyword can be used to display a variable. Programming languages’ reserve words are known as Keywords. For example, some main keywords of Java programming language are – main, while, int, float etc.
Also read: Introduction to Programming Language
How the data is provided to the computer is very important for any programming language, because the programming language does all its work on these data. “The type of data is called datatype.” The data is divided into various programming languages as follows:
Here it is necessary to explain what data is? So let’s see what is the definition of data?
“The raw facts are known as data.”
Operators are special types of symbols that we use in programming languages to perform Arithmetic and Logical calculations. Mainly these operators are of 6 types –
- Arithmetic Operator
- Relational Operator
- Logical Operator
- Increment/Decrement Operator
- Assignment Operator
- Ternary Operator
Through this post you came to know that there are three basic Pillars of any programming language, which are variables, data type and operator. Apart from this, if you need some more information or have any question in your mind, then you can feel free comment in the comment box below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit out youtube channel.